Sunday, November 20, 2011

No Chintz, fabric confectionery








No Chintz makes me giddy.....
Giddy with the excitement of being surrounded by beautiful bolts, bobbles and buttons..and yes, you will lose all sense of space
and time, so beware!


Many years ago I was on a baby gingham mission and
a friend recommended No Chintz, a tiny store in Surry Hills, Sydney. I found the ginham and lasered No Chintz onto my internal hardrive.


Surry Hills may have faded however Balmain, Willoughby and Woollhara hold their colour beautifully.
Their fabric stories range from the Bohemian to Classical and are sourced locally and internationally. My personal favouite is their range of coated outdoor fabrics(see pic)..... summer tablecloths!

I love the Balmain store as it's nestled in a mini high st of homewares & antique shops. If you have the energy once you have fallen out the door you can continue browsing & salivating further down Darling Street...Adriano Zumbo awaits!

Non Sydneysiders can visit No Chintz online and order swatches. I have their catologue, complete with a Swatch Poster resting comfortably on my bedside table..if I were 14 it would be blu-tacked to the bedroom wall.

Enjoy


http://www.nochintz.com/index.php

1 comment:

  1. I love the Balmain store and try to visit as often as I can, because as you say it's a good opportunity to visit Adriano Zumbo as well!!

    ReplyDelete