Monday, December 5, 2011

Addicted to cushions


A is for Addicted to cushions ccc entry

WHY ARE WOMEN ADDICTED TO CUSHIONS?

It hit fever pitch for me when I was pregnant with my daughter. Lost in Lincraft for hours in search of baby gingham, toile, ric rac and bouncy, cloudlike wadding. The blood sugar levels would plummet and I knew if I didnt escape the Textile Zone, and find a friand I would collapse!
The house became so excessively comfortable in that final term that the Irishman would come home and ask how many cushions, quilts, throws I had made today? 
I still make cushions, still addicted and still lose all sense of time and place in homewares stores. 
Is it the innate nesting instinct of women or is it just part of their DNA to soften hard surfaces...floors, leather sofas, men?

Thank you Mandy for your entry

Its not too late to enter:
jomccomiskey.blogspot.com/2011/11/win-designer-cushions-for-christmas.html


ttfn Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment